This is a snapshot of the 6-day itinerary. For full details, click on the respective itinerary of the day.
Arrival at Incheon – Sejong Hotel @ Myeondong – Banpo Rainbow Bridge Fountain
- China Eastern airline flight: Singapore – Shanghai – Seoul.
- Purchase of T-money card from Incheon Airport’s convenience store.
- Took the Airport Limousine Bus (No. 6015) from Incheon Airport to Myeongdong, where we were staying.
- Checked in to Sejong Hotel. Conveniently located at a corner of Myeongdong.
- Seoul Station to collect the pre-booked KR (Korea Rail) Passes, and to confirm train times/tickets to Gapyeong and Busan.
- Banpo Rainbow Bridge Fountain. We parked ourselves at a comfortable spot at the park opposite the bridge, amongst the many locals who were enjoying their moon-light picnics.
Nami Island – Petite France
- Hopped on to the ITX-Cheongchun train towards Gapyeong. Proceeded on to Nami Island via City Tour Bus and the Nami Island ferry. Explored Nami Island.
- Took the Nami Island ferry back to main land. Took the City Tour Bus to Petite France. Explored Petite France.
- Took the City Tour Bus back to Gapyeong. Hopped on to ITX-Cheongchun train back to Seoul.
Trickeye Museum – Hongdae
- Spent a good long afternoon at the Trickeye Museum that is situated in the Hondae area. Putting our awesome acting skills into good use when taking photos with the trickeye exhibitions!
- Explored Hongdae area and surrounds at a leisurely pace, visiting a cat cafe and a dog cafe!
- Crazy shopping at Lotte Mart.
Full details of Seoul/Busan Day 3 itinerary (constructing).
Demilitarized Zone half-day tour – Myeongdong – Bukchon Hanok – Samcheongdong
- Had signed up with koreadmztour for the half day DMZ tour, about 2 weeks before. After the hotel pickup, we headed straight to the border of North and South Korea, learning more about the history along the way. Spent an entire morning visiting the Dora Observatory, 3rd infiltration tunnel and the Dorasan subway station.
- Cosmetics shopping at Myeongdong.
- Explored Bukchon Hanok and Samcheongdong in the later afternoon. Popped in and out of local trinket and handicraft stores, and explored the preserved traditional houses.
Full details of Seoul/Busan Day 4 itinerary (constructing).
Busan: Taejongdae – Gamcheon Culture Village
- Hopped on to the KTX high speed rail bound for Busan. Caught up with sleep during the 3 hour ride.
- Navigated to Taejongdae park using the public bus. Spent a good morning exploring the park on the Danubi tram and on foot.
- Took the taxi to Gamcheon Culture Village and spent a long late afternoon exploring the various nooks and corners of the exquisite Village.
- Took the bus and subway back to the Busan Station for transfer to the KTX rail, and headed back to Seoul.
Full details of Seoul/Busan Day 5 itinerary (constructing).
Myeongdong – Home Sweet Home
- Some last minute shopping at Myeongdong
- Took the Airport Limousine Bus back to Incheon International Airport